Sisters, as you know, we are currently moving our little family of five from frigid Michigan to balmy Arizona. Yes, Emily, I am crazy and yes, we will be living (temporarily)within one mile of the 'rents. Hashifa Vachoo has schooled me in the finer points of how what you, Emily, fondly refer to as "keeping Mom from crawling up my ass and camping out."
Our roadtrip has not been without it's highlights such as Nick spontaneously stripping and throwing articles of clothing up to the front of the van. This usually happens about three hours into the trip of the day. Kendall's five year old confusion keeps cracking us up with questions like, "So is this Mexico really new?" But Natalie has entertained us the most with her song writing and I cannot resist sharing with you both since Emily and Micah think they have the corner on original composition. I only wish you could hear the 8 year old pop vocalization. Think High School Musical. I have typed them all up here as they were written in her notebook, but I did correct the spelling as I did not want you to be distracted from the raw emotion of each poetic expression.
Alone
When you turn and hide from me
There’s a huge catastrophe.
Beginning and the end (echo)
It doesn’t make me cry
You just said good-bye
You’re breakin’ up with me (echo)
It sorta makes me sad
I hide my feelings bad
Happy, sad, and mad (echo)
Nothing can stop me from lovin’ you
And there’s nothin’ alone that can hold me.
I thought you were my fairytale
But never knew that dreams were with the truth.
When there was me and you and I saw you alone
With no one to hold
I came right beside you.
TogetherBy Natalie Leggett, October 25, 2006
You’re right beside me
Never left me alone.
You hold me tight
Without a fright
When I’m cold.
I love you so much
and you’re the only one for me.
Never alone, never alone, always beside me.
I love you so baby, ohhh
Because you know it how we’re all in this together
Once we know that we are and our dreams come true.
Together (echo)
Never let go. Ohhhh.
TOGETHER!
Super HeroBy Natalie Leggett, October 25, 2006
‘Cuz you see it
And you know it
You’ll be it forever.
I love you so never letting go, oh ya.
I love you so I hold you tight
Never letting go always that for you I want to be your Super Hero.
Save you ONE!
Save you TWO!
From the crowd happy for thou (?)
Never believed it
Never will
What I say chill, chill, chill.
I’m your super hero.
Beside you, I’ll be your super hero.
Sing with MeBy Natalie Leggett, October, 26, 2006
Shout with me
Dance with me
Sing with me, all the time.
When we kiss, ring.
When we shout, ding.
When we sing (echo)
Sing with me, oh yes, sing with me.
When we sing, ding dong, king kong.
I love to sing, won’t you just do it with me.
When you said these things
Shout with me
Dance with me
Sing with me, all the time.
Animals10.26.2006
Have ever hear a bird tweet?
It sounds so pretty.
Have you ever heard a hamster squeek?
It sounds so cute.
The animals are precious, not just to see,
I’ll give you more etc.:
Have you ever heard a bunny hop? It sounds so puppy.
Have ever heard a horse neigh? It sounds so funny
Have you ever heard a snake hiss? It sounds so scary.
These animals are precious, but not just those.
I love animals.
You should too.
AZ to MI10.26.2006
Home in new AZ
It’s a happy place.
Home in AZ
It’s where family is retraced.
Home in MI
It’s a happy place.
Home in MI
It’s where best friends are lost.
As you can see
Anywhere is home.
In these two places is fun in different ways.
Lost10.26.2006
I have looked for you days and days.
Never found you I fight and fight
Till the end and never will I will search for you
All my life
Never stop (echo)
I finally found you.
You Must Have Truth, Ya!10.26.2006
You got to have truth in your life (echo)
Or you won’t like it, no way
You’ll be sad;
Even mad.
So you got to have truth (echo)
Ya!
Feelings10.26.2006
(The following is to be sung through the first time slowly and the second time fast.)
Feelings are happy, sad and mad.
Feelings are mad, glad, sad.
Feelings are the thing that keep us together, all the time.
Feelings
(repeat)
Thursday, October 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
oh gosh. how have you not abused nyquill?
Wow, she has a lot of feelings. I would love to hear the tunes that she had in mind for these songs.
Post a Comment