Tuesday, September 26, 2006

FINALLY! I have something that is post worthy.

I know, I know! Where have I been, you ask yourselves. Well I'll get to that later, but for now I must--while it is fresh in my memory--recount a story that Mom captured my attention with while I was sitting at her counter in her kitchen, too weak from the stomach flu to comment or run away.

Here are her words as best as I can recall:

I'm putting a plate together for Lee, next door. He's almost 80 and his wife just had knee replacement surgery last Monday and she was supposed to be home on Wednesday, but she's in rehab and so he's home alone. They're Jews and they are so nice. They have two kids, but they're grown. Their son is a lawyer at one of the top law firms in New York and they are so proud of him! Their daughter is a lesbian. They just came right out and told me that right away as if to get it out of the way. But I guess her partner is really nice and was artifically inseminated and they had twin girls! They live right here in town so they see each other all the time. I didn't have Lee and his wife over for dinner for a long time because I didn't know what they could eat. But when I called to arrange to have meals brought in while she recovered I asked if there were any special dietary needs and she said (in her New York accent), 'Oh no, we're reformed Jews, we don't observe any of that.' I don't know, but anyway I guess Lee's gonna like my bacon and green bean bundles!

That's all for now. I just thought that was too precious not to share with others. I hope you catch Mom's obvious goodwill toward all men, women, Jews and lesbians alike. Also, please be aware, in your daily lives, that both Jews and lesbians can be nice. Hmmmph--who knew?

1 comment:

hashifa vachoo said...

Zero comments...that must make you sad. By the way, welcome to my world of Mom and her nonsense / racially - biased stories. Enjoy.