Emily: there's a word for people like you--turophile. Google it. You know how I love words. Here's somebody's blog that you might enjoy.
In other news, I'm on a reading fast. I find that I have cyclical obsessions (which include, but are not limited to: text messaging, clearance shopping, organizing, string cheese, sitting in the sun, straightening my hair, etc.) and reading is one that interferes with a productive lifestyle. Encouraging my Kindergartener and three year old to make there own lunch so I can read for another hour might be considered fostering independence in some cultures, but here, it's negligence. I'm re-evaluating my priorities and will see if I can safely re-introduce literature back into my life next month.
I've really gotten back into running in the past month. My Christmas and Birthday gifts of the Nike plus and iPod Nano have really made things fun and motivating. Although Emily says she has made me a workout mix, I have yet to see or hear it and therefore have downloaded some from iTunes. Let's just say I was not aware of the level of sexual vulgarity out there in the music world and find it highly disturbing and yet ambiguous to get lyrics stuck in my head like:
Touch it- bring it - pay it - watch it - turn it - leave it - stop - format it
And that's not the worst part of this so-called song. Could really use something a little less intense, please.
The weather's really nice here. I like to see the sun everyday. I like to feel the warmth of the sun everyday. I like walking to the bus stop to get Kendall with Nick and feed the ducks or throw rocks and sticks in the water. We like the birds, too. We're becoming quite the ornithologists with all of the cranes, egrets, ducks, swans, geese, herrings, etc. Dad knows all of them. How does he know everything?
I'm doing a six-week yoga/study class right now so I can be stronger and learn how to be a more intentional woman. It's pretty awesome.
Soccer is fun. Natalie and Kendall had their second game and Mom and Dad and Hashifa were there, too. It was warm. It was fun.
Trains and cars are fun. Nick is really fun to play with and I'm trying to be better at playing with him. He says funny things and is really polite during playtime. If he crashes my car he says, "Oh, Mommy, I sorry. It's okay. It be fun! You okay? We do it more again." February is potty-training boot camp month here. And by here, I mean here in my intentional, goal-oriented, fantasyland mind. I've been waiting for natural signs of readiness, but so far his vocabulary and intelligence have only manipulated the situation so that he can say, "Mommy, you please change me now? I don't want to mash it. It stinky."
Question: Scott and I are thinking about mentoring someone (I wish there was a different word for that) and I'd like to hear from Winks and others what you wish someone would have helped you figure out or encourage you in during your Senior year in high school or what was really meaningful to you during that time.
There, I posted something. It was fun. Maybe I'll do more.
In other news, I'm on a reading fast. I find that I have cyclical obsessions (which include, but are not limited to: text messaging, clearance shopping, organizing, string cheese, sitting in the sun, straightening my hair, etc.) and reading is one that interferes with a productive lifestyle. Encouraging my Kindergartener and three year old to make there own lunch so I can read for another hour might be considered fostering independence in some cultures, but here, it's negligence. I'm re-evaluating my priorities and will see if I can safely re-introduce literature back into my life next month.
I've really gotten back into running in the past month. My Christmas and Birthday gifts of the Nike plus and iPod Nano have really made things fun and motivating. Although Emily says she has made me a workout mix, I have yet to see or hear it and therefore have downloaded some from iTunes. Let's just say I was not aware of the level of sexual vulgarity out there in the music world and find it highly disturbing and yet ambiguous to get lyrics stuck in my head like:
Touch it- bring it - pay it - watch it - turn it - leave it - stop - format it
And that's not the worst part of this so-called song. Could really use something a little less intense, please.
The weather's really nice here. I like to see the sun everyday. I like to feel the warmth of the sun everyday. I like walking to the bus stop to get Kendall with Nick and feed the ducks or throw rocks and sticks in the water. We like the birds, too. We're becoming quite the ornithologists with all of the cranes, egrets, ducks, swans, geese, herrings, etc. Dad knows all of them. How does he know everything?
I'm doing a six-week yoga/study class right now so I can be stronger and learn how to be a more intentional woman. It's pretty awesome.
Soccer is fun. Natalie and Kendall had their second game and Mom and Dad and Hashifa were there, too. It was warm. It was fun.
Trains and cars are fun. Nick is really fun to play with and I'm trying to be better at playing with him. He says funny things and is really polite during playtime. If he crashes my car he says, "Oh, Mommy, I sorry. It's okay. It be fun! You okay? We do it more again." February is potty-training boot camp month here. And by here, I mean here in my intentional, goal-oriented, fantasyland mind. I've been waiting for natural signs of readiness, but so far his vocabulary and intelligence have only manipulated the situation so that he can say, "Mommy, you please change me now? I don't want to mash it. It stinky."
Question: Scott and I are thinking about mentoring someone (I wish there was a different word for that) and I'd like to hear from Winks and others what you wish someone would have helped you figure out or encourage you in during your Senior year in high school or what was really meaningful to you during that time.
There, I posted something. It was fun. Maybe I'll do more.

2 comments:
I think you, Jenny would be a great mentor. Especially if you go the avenue of the importance of being a designated driver. Also for music choices try the stevemerrick band...awesome work out stuff there. I personally have dropped my pregnancy weight working out to it.
Wow, great advice. Let me remind you that you and I split that wine cooler and what's-her-name was way drunker than the two of us put together and then some. The issue was my lack of judgement in driving to the next party in the dirt fields of Bakersfield and driving into the gaping bathtub- size hole in the ground.
As for workout music, I think I'll hold my breath for Emily's mix tape seeing as though your testimony is not very convincing considering you actually lost your pregnancy weight during your pregnancy.
Post a Comment