I know. Surely there must be something else to complain about. But this just won’t go away for me. Since the recent sale of our Michigan house, we have been quietly perusing the internets for an Arizona house. Now, everything is way more ‘spensive here, so that may be contributing to my general malaise and irritation.
But. Does anyone else have a problem with the personifying houses? I’ll give you an example of several things I’ve run across in house listing descriptions and hanging on for sale signs in the yard: I’M GORGEOUS INSIDE! Now, reading that once is excusable, but after searching for a while, I’m finding this is a strange new trend in marketing houses. It use to be that they recommend that you keep furniture in your house to sell it because it humanizes it, but must the house actually take on an actual persona?
Here’s another one: …CARPET IN ALL THE RIGHT PLACES. Excuse me? Does that make anyone else uncomfortable? Is this appropriate? Has the housing market sunk so low that we must use sexual innuendo to sell houses?
If the houses are being so bold as to take on a certain form of sexuality, I’d like to know what else is going on. It’s creepy to me. It makes me wonder what my house thinks about me. What’s the word on the street and what are saying to the other houses on the block?
It’s just something I was thinking about.
Monday, April 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
jenny, this is all so funny because when anyone asks me what you're really like i'll always throw in that you have carpet in all the right places. you really do.
comment, comment, comment... You already told me this in person and I already submitted my feedback (which was positive) but I don't want to cheat you out of a comment so here you go.
I am MYSTERY person. Can you guess my identity? I doubt it because only one of the three in your group knows me. Hmm Ah, but which one?
Clue: I love to read your blog.
Clue: I love chocolate--but then what man, or woman, doesn't?
Clue: I did not go to high school with any of you.
Who am I? What, that wasn't enough? What do you mean? That should have given it away.
Hi Micah.
I was just about to put you on notice that I was officially deleting this site off of my "Favorites" page. Welcome back!! Happy house hunting. I think mystery person is my sister. Hi Julie.
Hi jenny and jenn.
Clue: I am not micah or julie
Clue: I think Jenny is a funny girl
Clue: that's all for today
At least something's going on in this blog.
Mystery Person
Okay, I guess I must come out of hiding since my name has been mentioned, thank you, sis. (yes, I've been cheating ...just laughing and enjoying the blog, or should I say WAITING for something to laugh at, without adding my two cents...who wants it anyway?) Cool. So, now I feel obligated to talk. Sorry to say that I am not the mystery person, though I am so flattered that anyone would think I was so creative...or something. Anyhow, thank you, three-crazy-sisters, for your entertainment, unbeknownst to you. It's been fun. Now, GO, make more funnies!
carpet. heh, heh, heh...
Mystery person ask:
I know not Hashifa Vachoo. She asian like me?
ching chong, bing bong, NOPE!
I afraid I slip one of these days and forget to check anonymous! Or, worse, you know computer whiz boy who can determine who is sending anonymous notes. Oh well.
___________________________________
Okay, clues coming your way:
1. I know Jenny, but I've met the other sisters
2. I am a blog lurker
Mystery person
Post a Comment