Natalie
She's turning nine years old next week. She's very...dimensional. She's a lot of fun. She has a nasty temper. She loves to be loved and adored. She is age appropriately self-centered. She's very strong willed. She has a crazy sense of humor (ask HV about her questionable dance moves. Overall I'm very happy with who she is and am excited to see who she'll be. I'm lucky to know her.

Kendall
She will be 6 years old tomorrow. She is...deep. There's a lot going on in there that she only let's some of it on purpose and some of it comes out in mad or sad. She's very selective about what she learns or remembers. For instance, unless you're a horse or a dog, she probably isn't going to remember your name. She still thinks that Uncle James is going to paint something for her. She can't remember to flush the toilet, but she remembers to feed her stuffed animals everyday after school. he's very compassionate and nurturing with others. She can't tell a joke to save her life, but it makes it even funnier. She's great and bound for greatness. I learn a lot from her.

Nick
Ah, Nick. He was three years old the end of January. He's my boy. He's very boy. he loves cars and planes and trains and motors and wheels and he's loud. I like him. He's fascinated by the cycle of the sun. Each evening as the sun sets he gets a wide-eyed look and whispers, "Mommy. It's darking." Then in the morning, he bursts into our room and shouts, "Time get up! The sun is back! Look!" He has an imaginary friend, but this friend has no name and is referred to with a southern drawl as My Friend. He pronounces all of his CL words (class, close, etc.) as PLs (plass, plose, etc.)It's endearing when he asks to go to his plass today or tells me to plose my eyes. In addition to his Friend, he has People. He'll recount what happened in plass and tell me what his People did. He's picked up a lot of our vernacular including the haughty "WHAT EVER!" and he loves a good silly face. He's highly entertaining.
Good times.

4 comments:
Glad you're back. I've missed you. Your kids all look alike and seems to have correspondingly similar personalities to my kids. (Although my middle girl is more like your only boy.)
Nick looks like he's doing a photo shoot for some toddler teeth whitener
This is really nice! I mean, I'm glad something (anything) got posted - but this is an especially nice post. :)
Come on people let's hear about something.
Post a Comment