E-mail correspondence:
Jenny: I’m doing this…if you want me to, I can pick one up for you. Click on the link below to buy a basket.
Mom: I’m passing on this one—we are doing Christmas in July at church and I am visiting a non-profit tomorrow for our class.
Jenny: Okay, but just so you know, the deadline is only to place your order on-line. The pick-up is Saturday and I could pick it up for you when I get mine.
Conversation in my apartment parking lot as she's dropping off Nick's bike:
Jenny: Hey, I sent you an e-mail, but I just wanted to make sure you understood that you go on-line and buy the basket by tonight at 10p.m. and then I would pick it up for you on Saturday.
Mom: Hmmm, no, I don't think so, we're already doing something else for school supplies.
Jenny: What? It's a co-op. A cooperative? It's where a few people get together and say, hey, why don't we buy a bunch of local fruit and veggies and then divide it up among others who want to participate. So you bring your container, basket, box, whatever and get your stuff.
Mom: Then where does the basket go?
Jenny: Home. With you. With your fruits and veggies.
Mom: For you? You don't give it to anybody?
Jenny: No. It's your very own to eat.
Mom: Hmmm, no, I would feel too bad.
Jenny: What? Why?
Mom: Because if they're going to do something like that, they should give it the needy.
Jenny: Okay. Bye.
I tell you, I was so perplexed that I burst out laughing and haven't stopped. I think she's on drugs.
On 7/24/07 7:44 PM, "Jenny Leggett"

No comments:
Post a Comment