Friday, August 31, 2007

It's time for another episode of "Jenny's Dream Journey"

Well, HV, I tried to call you and run this by you first before I blogged it. Alas, I was met by the infamous ring-beep which screams, "I know you're calling me, but I'm on the phone with someone better and more interesting." You promised to blog yesterday and you didn't. You drive me to do this. I won't reveal your actual annoucement, but I will paint a picture that I hope will entertain and elaborate on your news. And so now, I blog.

Last night, as I slumbered, my mind took a journey into the future. Namely, a future with Hashifa's newly born babe. If you all could see Hashifa right now, you would see a very svelt person with an ever growing little baby bump. It's very cute and very weird to see my little sister, well, knocked up. So it's unknown why my mind chose for her to birth a 20 pound, bald baby! This baby came out with red gingham over-alls on. We all held the baby and tried not to comment or show our amazement/disgust at the solidness of this baby. Especially since HV and James had this look of pure pride and un-ending love and wonder with their baby. During our first visit to their home (baby still wearing the same outfit) the baby started walking! It was more creepy than amazing. But, once again, HV just looked proudly at her highly advanced infant. And so, we all smiled and nodded.

It was also a family event to take the baby to the doctor for a check-up. And it was timely, since we all were wondering what to think of the candy cane striped, quarter-sized welts on the baby's body. The doctor, too, seemed perplexed but too embarrased to say anything about the baby's size. He said the welts were nothing to worry about. Disturbing.

And so, we continued to warm the baby's milk in empty water cooler bottles (I guess they were the only things large enough to keep up with the wee one's appetite.) And James shared the load (no pun intended) by carrying the baby in a white sling.

That's about all I can recall. There were some other details about remodeling their bungaloo in the jungle and eating dinner at a tiki hut where I ended up leaving my purse. Annoying.

So, Hashifa, reveal to us your annoucement. And Emily, summarize for us your most recent comedy club performance. Kendall hopes you don't get your jokes from bubble gum wrappers.

1 comment:

EMILY said...

wow! your dream journey account made me feel like everything i ever assumed true is not. up is down, left is right, east is west, north is south. it also made me realize that there is cake in the kitchen and i want to eat it. see ya!