Dear Santa,
I'm writing to ask you to consider the following Christmas wish lists of my children. We're a fairly conservative family. We see our role in our children's lives as stewards entrusted with helping them to develop into who they were created to be. We try and engage in meaningful relationships with them at whatever stage of development they are. We take an interest in their interests and let them know that what's important to them is important to us. We have intentionally limited their viewing of commercial-laden television until recently when the cable company somehow turned our 20 basic channels into 60 channels. I state this only as an explanation and confession of negligence on our part after you read the following lists. I am officially unable to connect with my children anymore and apologize for the following:
Nick, almost 5 years old, verbally state that he would like a Hotwheels Trick-Track, Legos and a Nintendo DS.
Kendall, 7 1/2, wrote out her list in a penciled, numbered list and would like WowWee Cubs, Jungl (sic) in my Pocket, Puppy in my Pocket, Pony in my Pocket, Rock Band, Caring Care, Biskit (sic)Fur Real Friend, S'mores Fur Reals Friend, Girl Gormay (sic, read gourmet)Cupcake Maker, Glitter Lava, Nintendo DS, Zwinky Cutys.
Natalie, 10 1/2, added to her Amazon Wish List and would like a Nintendo DS, Sigillu Secure Encrypted Phone: Nokia N90, 2.4ghz Wireless Color Pinhole Spy Camera w/ Night Vision Mode & Audio, Spy Tracking Gear Kit with 35mm Camera, Wild Planet Spy Video Car, EyeClops Night Vision Infrared Stealth Goggles, Wild Planet Spy Gear Spy Video ATV-360, Product Image, Discovery Exclusive Pink Slide & Text Messengers, Razor Pocket Mod Miniature Euro-Style Electric Scooter (Mint), WowWee Tribot Talking Companion in Red/Black,
Girl Tech Stylin Studio.
My Christmas wish is for you to make cable go away and never exist.
I think there's still hope for the younger two. Natalie was fun while she lasted, but is sure to end up on the FBI's Most Wanted List by age 15.
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Cliffy's birthday is 12/17. (When I was pregnant I was worried about having him ON Xmas and my only comfort was knowing that somehow you survived a Xmas bday so we could too!) Anyway, people have been asking me what he wants. My reply: "basically anything advertised on nickelodeon." I can not say that I am as noble as you when it comes to Tv. =)
Post a Comment