I'm sorry to grasp so shallowly for material, but it's just too easy and too rich not to chronicle some of this. The following is a replay of yesterday's conversation with, as Hashifa Vachoo has dubbed her, Double L:
I had a great day! We slept in a little bit because your dad had to go to
Tuscon today. Then, I didn't eat anything for breakfast and so I went to Dck
& DeCntr and had a half a sandwich outside. I absoloutly love that place.
It's my favorite. Then I went to the nursery and got some cactus and roses. And
then I came home and worked outside all day. My cactus pots are in rehab, so I
worked on those. There is so much to do out there. Then, Seena, next door,
called and said she had been painting all day and wanted us to come over for a
glass of wine and see her painting. Well. She said she said had a guy coming
over to trim and clean her yard next week, front and back, for $70!! $70! So. I
called him and I said, "Francisco! Franciso, when can you come over?" He's
coming tomorrow at 8:00 a.m. I am so thrilled."
Maybe that's not as funny to me now as it was to me at the time. I guess part of the humor comes in because it's such a contrast to more recent behavior. Ahh, the constrast. Ahhh, the humor.
Wednesday, February 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
yes. tis is funny. it's funny for me to think of mom drinking wine and talking about her elderly neighbor's painting.
I'm scared. Hold me.
What is the significance of Double L?
Post a Comment