Over the years, the kids have made additions to our everyday conversational language.
Who can deny the practicality of 3 year old Natalie's lasterday? How many times have I been stuck trying to remember if something occurred last week or just yesterday? Well then, lasterday covers it all.
Kendall contributed more of a sentence structure application which intrigued us and influenced us. "I just did do that, Mommy!" As well as her W's instead of Y's. "I like wore shirt. Wore shirt is so pretty." Endearing.
3 year old Nick is not disappointing. My latest favorite is whobody. Because we all know that somebody did it, but whobody is what we want to know. I also like it when he says, "Mommy, I got a something-idea." Which is really pronounced more fluently as som-ping-dea and emphasized with a little chubby pointer finger in the air next to his little sideways tilted face lit up with wide eyes and raised eyebrows. I also like it when he tells me a secret and whispers loudly on my ear, which tickles a lot. He checks in with me often to see if "Did you hear that? My tumick said that." And last, but not least, here in Arizona when the grass is watered, the 'prinkelers come on. A carefully enunciated three syllable word.
And finally, I'd like to call out this mystery commenter and say reveal yourself, we want to know whobody just did do that lasterday.

5 comments:
I get to meet double L tonight. Her surprise visit to Philadelphia has been an adventure already. In a city of wonderful unique local food we will eat a Maggiano's. Amazing. I can't wait to meet her.
Ah yes. Double-L. I hope you enjoy yourselves. I have no doubt that she will deliver. And the Emily/Double-L with Dad on the side is a spectacular combination.
Take care E.J. The Force is with you.
The double L lipstick application was EXACTLY as it was described to me. EJ is surprisingly calm, maybe still in shock. On top of it all the broken rib. She rates it in one of her top three worst days of all time. Send her stuff.....cute stuff......funny, fun cute stuff.
And I was beginning to think nobody cared, so quiet has this loop been for days on end, hm...weeks.
Jen, your description of the kids' jabber-talk is maaavelus! Wuved it.
?????????????
Leanne?
Post a Comment