Sunday, December 02, 2007

Catching Up

I don't even know where to start, so I'll just start somewhere and you can sort it out from there.

After Philly we did the Halloween thang. It was fun. No big whoop.

Hashifa, in her ever-loving nesting obsession, invited me to help her with little J.J.'s room. So we collaborated,cut and pasted and patted ourselves on the back all weekend. Highly satisfying.

As Thanksgiving approached, Nick's preschool held a little pilgrims and indians presentation. Me thinks it was not PC, but shamelessly cute.

I invited Mom to the program and she came. It was an exercise in personal serenity. I had to self-talk myself down from the ledge about three times in the 60 minute encounter. Nick must have channeled my anxiety because he was not happy to see her there and was not shy about expressing it by saying, "Why is Grammy here? I don't want Grammy at my preschool!" Big frown. He came around in the end and I captured this freaky-deaky picture of the power of genetics.

Thanksgiving was nice and it was casserole and can-free! Scott made everything. Yum. We asked Mom and Dad to bring an appetizer. She had a hard time just bringing an appetizer. She asked several times if she could bring more. We said no thanks. We said come at noon and we'll eat at one. They showed up at 12:45 with this (it's a turkey/fruit sculpture):

And now we're getting ready for Christmas! The kids and I made these after I saw them on design*sponge.com.
I was telling Mom about them and said that we had made some for her. She stopped by to see them. She said that they looked like they should be hanging in "Nordstroms." She has a hard time focusing on anything except her stories, so she proceded to sit on my couch for the next hour and tell me about her chocolate pizzas and toilet paper rolls for the troops in Afghanistan and how she's too tired to put up decorations and so she didn't want ours, either. She also told me about her neighbor who makes some sort of scrapbook for the official Josh Groban fan club, only she kept alternating between saying Josh Grogan and Josh Groden. Then she left.

That's about it. Emily said she was going to post pictures from her Christmas Is So Special Show that performs tomorrow night. So, post your comments on my posting quickly because she's going to steal my posting thunder. I do like comments. I'm very lonely and needy for attention and affirmation. I'm not proud. I'll take anything (spelling corrections, grammar corrections, style critique, hateful comments, etc.)

2 comments:

hashifa vachoo said...

Always use that picture of Mom and Dad in all future posts. Always. Don't ever delete it ever. Never. Not ever.

Jenn said...

I am so happy to finally hear from you. Not that I heard from you directly, but I pretend you are posting for my benefit. Yes, comments are nice to get after blogging a clever blog. Glad to hear your life still parallels my life in so many ways. Expect a visit from me soon...my brother in law is there twice a month. Happy birthday if I forget to say it.