I've updated my profile picture. I bleached a stripe in my hair like Bonnie Rait. I feel that it more acurately reflects my new embrace of my current life reality. I like it. I do.
I also bought new boots this week at Sole Mate by JB and Me in Holland (the name of the store alone begs one to enter and purchase). I saw them last week and loved them but waited a week to see if I still really loved them. Of course, being my mother's daughter, I gushed my whole delayed gratification story to the salesgirl who helped me blow some more sunshine up my ass about how good they looked on me. I knew it. I bought them. I like them. I do.
I also started listening to country music again. I've missed it. Lyrics like, "Tequila makes her clothes fall off" and "Alcohol" and "They call me the fireman, with my hose, puttin' out fires all over town." "floating trailer park" They're very loose about their rhyming. Southern accents make words like fire and park rhyme because they say "far" and "par'." Very layered and complicated. I like it. I do.
I'm lifting weights or running at 6:00 a.m. everyday during the week. I like it. I do.
I'm not doing BSF this year. I'm going to do some study with Mary Jo and then somehow find a way to either meet new people who I don't know from church or something. I feel very bubble-wrapped and comfortable. I wish James never would have recommended that book by Reggie McNeal. It kind of messes with your mind. I like it. I do.
Friday, September 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Methinks tequilla makes you blog coo-coo things.
Post a Comment