This idea is two fold. First, some background: Our parents, specifically Mom, are particularly hard to shop for. Christmas, birthdays, Mother's Day, and Father's Day all send the sisters into a panic and we usually come up with some half-ass homeade gesture that either doesn't come together, or, it is perceived insulting and blows up in our faces and is added to the ever-growing list of "things we do not speak of." For example, we all remember the year we put dog poop in a jewelery box and gave it to Mom as a Mother's Day gift. This gift was so traumatic that she won't even admit that this ever happened. Anyway, on to the ideas: As I was emptying Mom and Dad's dishwasher tonight, I couldin't help but notice that I picked up the knives by the blade and experienced no sensation that might tell my brain Danger!! This is sharp!! Seriously, these knives are pathetic. Then Mom goes on to tell me about how she couldn't find a saw the other day to cut one of her plants so she used a knife from the kitchen! What? So, I think we need to start compiling a list of "good ideas" for gifts so come Christmas we are ready. Obviously, my idea is a set of knives. I told Mom this and then she said she also wanted some tongs to turn the tortillas because it really hurts to do it with her fingers...There are all kinds of fun discoveries in Mom's kitchen so you should rilfle through it next time you are here. As a side note, Mom has made up a series of raps she keeps trying out on Dad and I. One goes a little something like this:
Yo, yo, this is your Grammy
and I'm being a little hammy
Turn it up
Turn it up
Hey, Hey
I hope you have a really good day, day.
Needless to say, things are going well here in the freakin' casita.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
regarding the gift idea: love it!
regarding the rap: sorry, that's our fault. Natalie and Kendall have been trying their hand at ebonics and rapping. It's not good. West Michigan does not offer a lot in the way of authentic cultural diversity and someone gave us a Christian DVD cartoon called Hoop Dogz. Their world reality is a little skewed right now.
Peace out.
i sleep better at night knowing that mom and dad's knives are dull.
Post a Comment