Tuesday, November 15, 2005

WE WANT CHAPTER 2!! WE WANT CHAPTER 2!!

Hello? Emily? Are you out there?

I want to read more about your experiences. I want adjectives, adverbs, metaphors, allegories, Dad-isms, profanity! You've been way too quiet and selfish about sharing your perspective on things there. I need fresh material in order to prepare for my visit. After a while I start to idealize what my parents are like and I need you to help me bring the reality element home for me.

POST, DAMN IT! POST!

p.s. Help me out, sisters. I was listening to Dad talk this morning about his most recent visit to the doctor and he recounted a conversation he had with his doctor. He thought it was hilarious, but, of course, his heightened sense of political humor is almost always lost on me.
Doctor: What we'll do is give you a nuclear injection.
Dad: Whoa, Doc. I don't need to filibuster the senate!

????????????????????

2 comments:

hashifa vachoo said...

The nuclear option is a controversial phrase used to refer to a change in the U.S. Senate rules to prevent the filibuster of judicial confirmations. Also known by the controversial term constitutional option, it is an American political code word used during the 2005 judicial confirmation political fight....got it?

Jenny said...

Humpf, what do you know. I humbly apologize to the legend we call "Dad" and admit that it is I who is the ignoramus.