Saturday, January 26, 2008

Yet, We Wait

Today is Hashifa's due date. Nothing is happening. Nothing. James, who never ditched class in high school or college, who never failed a class, who is always punctual, who adores right angles and symmetry is PISSED! This total disregard for timelines is mind-boggling! He started researching home remedies for bringing on labor. Hashifa was "encouraged" to do wall squats and exercise ball maneuvers. I think he might have ordered an oxytocin cocktail on the internets and is going to make her drink it!!! Desperation is setting in and it is not pretty.

In other news, I can report that the angel-dog-babies are expressing their excitement and anticipation in various forms. So far, we have 2 counts of poop, one count of pee and 3 counts of dog vomit IN MY HOUSE. In addition, Nick peed a great deal on the bathroom floor directly in front of the toilet.

I hope this new kid is cute. All the glitter and shine has worn off mine.

1 comment:

hashifa vachoo said...

What can I say? My doggies love their mama and they get nervous tummies when I'm away.

I think we should title that picture "A touch of the Downs."

P.S. - Please tell me someone out there is watching Miss America tonight. It is chalked full of priceless goodies.