Thursday, February 02, 2006

Crazy Project Overload Update

Okay, so you asked for this. I absolve myself of any and all accusations of being over-the-top, obsessive, etc. I know I have issues. I'm trying to manage them. But sometimes, I just really like to do stuff and I just can't stop!

Project #1 The Quilt:


 Posted by Picasa

As you can see it's coming together nicely. I am currently in the process of hijacking several more pairs of jeans or cords to make into two additional rows. This is a very fun project!

Project #2 The Book Club gathering


 Posted by Picasa

This project involved cleaning the house on a Wednesday intead of the usual Thursday because the book club was coming on Thursday, preparations for a book-themed coffee time, shopping for it, and I somehow felt like it would be fun to make a personalized gift for everyone. My bookmarks kept getting put on the back burner until last night. They have the list of books and authors that we've read over the past few years, the word literature and it's definition and an initial charm for each person. Yeah. I went to bed at 1:00 a.m.(along the way I volunteered to write a script for a video about the history of communication in order to explain to people the definition of a BLOG) and then in the craziness of it all I told my running partner that I could run this morning so I was up at 5:00 a.m. to put my quiche...my quiches...my quiche-i in the together and bake it so I could run at 6:00 a.m. Well, she didn't show! So did I go back to bed? NO! I went downstairs and worked out with Maya (my X-Box trainer) and I chose cardio. Then I got myself ready, got Kendall and Nick ready, shipped them off and then finished my preps for my guests. I was expecting 7 people and 3 extra people came! For once, overplanning paid off and I had plenty. Great discussion, good food, good fun.

Now, I nap.

2 comments:

EMILY said...

you have all the fun and productive parts of mania.i got the shaft.

Anonymous said...

You're an inspiration to us all mate!!