Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Catching [up with the] Winks

So what the hell is with Cyrstal? Do we need to rename our blog Four Winks? Or is Emily's personality offically splitting? I'll tell you right now, I don't trust her and I don't like her. She's a two-bit whore and she always will be. (Crystal, not Emily.)

And now, about Me.


Redneck Love Posted by Picasa
A lot has been crappening around here. A week or so ago we attended a dinner theater entitled A Redneck Fairytale. We were supposed to dress up. Scott was in charge of hosting it and putting the whole night together so we were definitely planning on dressing up. I had quite a few resources for white-trash paraphernalia and advice and I drew upon them liberally. I was advised to bring my own can of beer in a drink cooler in addition to my own beer cooler with a six pack. I was informed that my idea of a root beer bottle substitute (because this was a kind of church sponsored event)would be inauthentic because a glass bottle would never be seen say at a Nascar race because it's too fancy. This was the same person that lent me matching sets of hats and t-shirts of Nascar racers. The t-shirts were pressed and carefully folded. All were in pristine condition. Another friend had the t-shirt that I really wanted to wear after Scott told me that the Daisy Duke look would not be appropriate. This t-shirt read: Save a horse. Ride a cowboy. Perfect! right? Scott said no to that, too. So I went with a dumbed down version of Daisy Duke. Scott's ensemble was...priceless. I was,(click), real proud. It was a fun evening.


Me holding a sting ray at Cayman Island! Posted by Picasa
The next day we freaking took off for MIAMI! and set sail for a 5 day cruise to Grand Cayman and Jamaica! Pretty awesome! I was warm, really warm. I read Memoirs of a Geisha. I carried on uninterrupted conversations with Scott. I ate a lot of yummy food. I observed a lot of t-rashed cruisers in the karaoke lounge and then later observed their disbelief in the checkout line as they were asked to settle their $2000 bar tab. I attended pilates and yoga classes where inexperienced pilate-ers farted audibly during the class and then giggled incessantly. (Now, I can laugh. Then it was annoying.) I did not empty the dishwasher, clean up after dinner, bathe anyone but myself, offer problem/solution advice. It was a nice, nice time.


The Karma Quilt! Posted by Picasa
It was a nice ease back into reality with Natalie not having school yesterday, so I worked on my quilt and finished it today! I like it! I love it! It's like karma for pants! Hey, it's my Karma Quilt! (Yes, I am Linda Lamirand's daughter) Speaking of Mom, have you girls gotten the Nacho Ordinary Dessert recipe? In true Mom-fashion she recounted the Food Network program complete with host bios and managed to say Nacho Ordinary Dessert at least 10 times in the conversation.

That's it for me for now. I have to go make dinner now because there's no more sun and no more late dinner seating at 8:30 and no more sushi bar from 5:00-8:30. Poor, poor me.

1 comment:

EMILY said...

way to go. you're like all 76 shades darker than me and shit. i'm pretty certain we have different fathers.