Wednesday, February 04, 2009

S.O.S.: Scared Of Something in my kitchen which is probably a mouse

I am not afraid of bugs. Spiders, cockroaches, they don't bother me. What I am afraid of is mice. I'm working at home in the living room. I got up a half-hour ago to go to the bathroom. Regis was in the bedroom, staring into the kitchen. When I exited the bathroom, he was in the kitchen, by the pantry, playing with something I couldn't see. I called Jessica and she said Nate heard something in the wall this morning. I ran back to the living room and shut the door. I'm not coming out. Micah said he would leave work at 4. I hope I don't have to go to the bathroom for the next 5 hours. If I absolutely need to, I will go in my coffee cup. So much for eating lunch, too. Send help.

UPDATE:
1:05pm It's quiet. Real quiet. I could hear Regis playing with something all up and down the hallway for quite a while. Now, it's silent. Micah just told me he forgot to feed him breakfast. Ewwww! Is he eating the mouse? Will there be blood and guts all over the white bedspread? Will I ever feel safe again?


UPDATE:
1:56pm It's still quiet and I am hungry. I am kicking myself for not taking up Jessica's offer to use her computer on the 1st floor. I could have sneaked out while Regis was playing with the mouse in the kitchen, and would not had to have to see a thing. When I wanted to eat, I could have snagged one of her coats and gone out. Wait! what about shoes? My shoes are in my bedroom, I wouldn't have any shoes. Ah, but I went for a walk last night and my snow boots are downstairs--HA! But, what about money? Your cash in in your purse and your purse is in the kitchen with the mouse? Well, that wouldn't be a trick at all--if Dave is working at Fu-Wah, I'm sure I could explain the situation and he would give me a tofu hoagie and I could pay him before they close tonight. Instead, I am stuck in here. This blows.


UPDATE:
3:13pm I'm cranky. I really want some food. I have an awful taste in my mouth because the last thing I had was coffee, hours ago. I have about an hour and a half to go. Hopefully. If Micah misses his train I think I may kill him. I'm pretty certain at this point that Regis has eaten the mouse. I started to get concerned, so I googled, "can my cat die if he eats a mouse". Apparently, no. I also found in my search a list called, Purr-litical Correctness. Here are a few:

1. My cat does not barf hairballs, he is a floor/rug redecorator.

2. My cat does not break things, she helps gravity do its job.

3. My cat does not fear dogs, they are merely sprint practice tools.

4. My cat does not gobble, she eats with alacrity.

5. My cat does not scratch, he is a furniture/rug/skin ventilator.

6. My cat does not yowl, he is singing off-key.

7. My cat is not a "shedding machine", she is a hair relocation stylist.


UPDATE:
6:03pm Jessica came home about a half-hour ago. She came up to the apartment, checked things out for me, and escorted me out the door. I got to use the bathroom AND she made a delicious snack of rasberries, blueberries,aged gouda and beer! Yum! I should barricade myself in rooms more often! Then, Micah came home. He wasn't as nice as Jessica. He went upstairs, then came down, rolled his eyes at me and said he didn't find a thing. Then, he kept yakking about how I should be happy that Regis catches mice because that's what he's supposed to do because of his biology blah,blah,blah. What a jerk! Anyway, I guess there was never a mouse after all! Oh well!

1 comment:

Artie said...

I like the new layout. I just changed my layout today too. great minds must think alike. i like the monster guy eating the corner of the layout page, though he reminds me vaguely of Mr. Hanky from Southpark.
If you have never seen southpark, good for you. If you have, and you know of Mr. Hanky, you are either laughing or cussing me for making you think of that when you view your own blog.

anyway, I have a vivid memory of my grandmother, who was a big german woman, "chasing" a mouse around her mobile home trying to kill it with a broom. I was quite traumatized. We had a pet mouse so watching her try to kill it was just weird.

My dog caught a rat (outside) last week. You think mice are icky. Try finding a dead rat the size of a kitten. Strangely, my dog appears to have OCD. Cliff left a toy lion, a hard plastic resin type thing out there about 5 inches long (like those dinosaurs only a lion). Travis, the rat dog, had taken the lion into this dirt area where he digs, but the lion was just laying there for days/weeks. Well when I found the rat, he was laying perfectly alongside the lion...freakin arranged!! my friggin dog ARRANGES his carcasses!!

and no, your cat won't die. I haven't let Travis lick me in 6 months. but no one will die. And really, be glad the cat disposes of the mice. My mom's cats leave just the heads and feet on the porch. EW. I guarantee that would freak you out alot more than some noises and your imagination.