Wednesday, August 06, 2008

List of Current Favorites *revised

Favorite taste of summer: Strawberries and balsamic vinegar
Favorite thing Kendall said first week of 2nd grade: But Mommy, I can't remember the alphabet; I haven't used it in a long time!
Favorite Baby to get giggles from: Jonah Bailey Walker
Favorite fiction author: Wallace Stegner
Favorite country song: American Girl
Favorite rudeness from Nick: MomMEE! Where's my peanut butter and jelly sandwich?
Favorite time of day: Outside at 6:00 a.m.
Favorite word: Carbunkle or callipyginous or ribald
Favorite movie recently seen: Wall-E
Favorite original look of Natalie's: side ponytail, pageboy cap, dangling earrings, low slung belt with shorts and a tee shirt.
*Favorite Dadism: You know what I say about statistics: Statistics are about as useful as a lamp post to a drunk; better use as a prop than for enlightenment.
*Favorite Kabuki theater skit by Emily: Kim Jong-il doesn't poop or pee...

This is a boring post, but I haven't posted in a really long time and was feeling bad. Now, I feel worse because I should have continued not posting rather than posting this weak post. *but now I feel better, because I remembered those other two. And aren't my feelings really what matter?

BTW, What is the deal with Twitter? I've posted a link on our sidebar, but I don't really know what to do with it. Me dumb-dumb.

*These were actually the inspiration for this post and then I forgot to include them last night when I posted the rest. I've been saving that Dadism for a week just looking for an appreciative audience. And Emily's thing I honestly can't get out of my head. It's so catchy and the history behind it is fascinating. She should post about that! BTW: check out the Sixth Burough's website for more fun and games (link on sidebar titled Emily's Real Job).

1 comment:

EMILY said...

there you are.