Normal Mom/Anyone Conversation:
Mom: Hi Jen. I gotta go, but what's the name of that free apartment program?
Me: Apartment Life?
Mom: Yes! Okay, I'll google it. I gotta dump Daniel and then I have to get to my doctor's appointment. My eye has some sort of bell's palsy and it's in the eye I had that cataract removed. So let me call you later.
Me: Okay. Bye.
New Thought:
I saw "New in Town" and I'm sorry, but I liked it. It reminded me of what living in Michigan was like.
Yet, another random thought:
Nope. It's gone.
Found it! You know when people say things like "The proverbial ball and chain" and other "proverbial" things like that? I don't know how I've missed this all this time, but it comes from "a proverb" like a story or a cautionary tale with symbolic or representative situations. I just have never seen it written out. Just always heard it used as a reference; proverbial [blank], as they say. I'm dumb.
Acupuncture and Me:
I had this done last week and the next day I felt like a truck hit me. Hungoverish. I must be harboring a lot of toxins in my body, because I just can't shake this feeling. I'm not waking up refreshed. I'm all broken out on my neck. I feel lethargic. Everything is too hard. Not right. Too far. I'm going back this week to get it fixed. I'll have to dial her number and consider dates and times. This is too complicated.
Nick:
He keeps using phrases like, "I suppose..." and "Consider this..." It's disconcerting and humorous. Also, Night-time Pull-Ups are of the devil and I advise all to steer clear. I think we've rounded the bend and he'll continue to stay dry at night, but FIVE AND A HALF, PEOPLE, IS JUST TOO OLD TO BE DEALING WITH THIS!
Kendall:
She's finally grown a pair and it's a great discovery. I heard her say very strongly, "NO Natalie." in some situation where Natalie was trying to get her to do something against what Kendall knew was right. Also, it turns out she's a competitor. She keeps winning first and second at the swim meets and checking to see if she did better than Natalie. Who knew?
Natalie:
She had an attention evaluation the other day and it was interesting to say the least. We meet with the doctor via Skype tomorrow. He asked me if she's ever had an IQ test. I'm shaking in my boots. Stay tuned for further developments. Pins and needles, right?
Scott:
He's nice. He's in a sucky place in his mind/body/spirit, but he's still the one that I want, oo, oo, ooooo (think Grease). He made artichokes steamed with five lemons and made a garlic/basil dipping sauce and a curry dipping sauce. He also ran water lines to my plants that I was hand watering. See? He's nice. It's Father's Day and I'm a terrible gift-giver, but I'd like to get him something nice. I'll think about that tomorrow.
Tangent:
Gazpacho. It needs to happen.
Skin:
It's really cool the way it replaces itself with the same color and texture without getting confused and how it's waterproof and stuff. It's cool.
In Conclusion;
I bet you wish I would have stayed underground. I think I left myself in 2004. Now, where did I leave the keys to my time-travel-machine?

4 comments:
Good job, Jen. Really. I saw like five stand up comics tonight and I would say that you are better than like, 30% of them. Keep it up.
Word verification: manglo
what's an attention evaluation? *head tilt*
happy to see you post and that you haven't really forsaken your blog, you big sissy.
this blog post makes me feel very happy. and normal. or abnormal like you. but i think we are the normal ones, just so you know. thanks for coming back. you make me smile. :)
btw...i think skin is REALLY cool, too! wow!
Post a Comment