Saturday, December 04, 2004

A brother in laws view

I couldn't help noticing your recent discovery as sisters...yes the blog!
It has been amazing to me over the years to see times change and each of you too. When I first came into the family...wait did I say family I meant madness I was amazed at the amount of time each of you spent watching TV. I remember those trips with your parents and then the phone calls home..."Is the house clean" your mother would say, each of you would answer yes but I could hear it in your voice the lies the untruths...you were watching TV. Not just one show you had been in your pajamas all day and yes in front of that blasted boob toob. As the years went on you as sisters discovered the cell phone. Oh how fun it was to call each other ten to twenty times a day. But even that wasn't enough to satisfy the longing in your hearts...you went on to begin experimenting with the "three way" and as sister at that! How exciting you could all be in different parts of the country and yet on the phone at the same time. Years have past and times have changed and yet the information super highway has provided another way for you to communicate, engage, create memories (IE; WASTE TIME!). The blog has apeared and has created a whole new way to spend hours on end in front of a new and improved TV screen. You all will try to justify it with comments like "We are just catching up" or "It's not much time at all" or the new one for the budget contious husbands "This is cheeper than the phone calls." But beneath it all is that underlyning urge to waste time.....
I can only imagine what the next ten years will hold. I already stumble in my words as I tell the kids to get off the computer because your mother needs on it. They may be small but they are not dumb...they see right through those lies...they even have comented that they never see their mom any more. So I would like to suggest going back to the old days...how about a simple telegraph message at the end of each month...it could go like this. All is well stop. moms still crazy stop. Can't we get together stop. Wouldn't that be so much eisier? Well I have to go... I need to tell Kendall to turn the TV off.....

Scott

1 comment:

EMILY said...

you are a dork stop