Just wanted to let you both know that I was pretty blown away and thankful for lesson that I was taught last night in talking with you both separately. It was pretty amazing at how beautifully we communicated and I was just all verklempt about it. Thanks for being so affirming and respectful of who I am and how I do things (even though it's over the top a lot of the time) while at the same time being so patient to help me understand that even if other people's problems spill over into my life it does not grant me any responsibility or obligation to run ahead and fix them for said people. But, instead, I need to come along side them and love them where they're at and that is the only job that is mine and the only opportunity to truly encourage them. I also was reminded that I need to enforce better boundries for the sake of keeping external things from harming me as well as tending to my own family inside those boundries. And finally, that some things really are big enough for God to fix without me.
Who knew?
My name is Jenny and I'm a recovering leaky-boundried-meddling-fixer!
Love you Blogger Sisters!
Friday, December 03, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i wish i could care as much as you, and/or have your gumption to make someone's life better.
Post a Comment