I know it's totally cliche to say that anymore, but, I love that show! I laugh so much. That Ian Black guy kills me. There is nothing but funny coming out of his mouth. Does it get any better?
Yes, my sisters, it does.
Note: What I'm about to say is terrible. I'm such a bad person. I should not say mean things about people and especially about women in my blessed BSF class. This woman always has such great things to say, so the following comments have absoloutly nothing to do with how I feel about her as a person,
it's just that her vintage '89-'91 fashion is too good not to comment on!
Truely, have you seen--up close and in person--navy, knit stir-up pants lately? Paired with a long, cream cable knit sweater, finished off with a priceless pair of brown, vinyl lace-up ankle boots? And, if you could get your hands on such fashion, would you have the pinache to bob your perm so that you have chin length hair with the last of a perm on the ends that you can froof up to make a triangle shape hair-do and still cut some weenie-roll bangs? Are you conjouring an image of Patricia Dalia, because if the answer is yes, you're close! But, wait, there's more! She brings her 5 year old daughter to class, too and I saw her ensemble. It was indescribable. It was a long sleeved, button-down shirt with pleats at the shoulders that made the sleeves somewhat puffy. All that shirt ws stuffed under a jumper-dress. I honestly don't know where any of these clothes could have been purchased. She must have a vintage supplier hook-up the likes of us will never know.
In my class I commonly witness other similar such '90's phenomena: the snow-man print turtleneck witht he tapered, acid-wash jeans and white Keds...there's another girl that may be some sort of Prarie-type or Menonite-knock-off because she never wears make-up and always wears a long skirt. This week she wore some lovely, tall fur-lined snow boots with her denim, T-length skirt. What she lacks in make-up creativity, she makes up for in hair design. She's fond of pulling her hair back into a low ponytail and thin pinning the ponytail to the top of her head so that the ends curl and cascade over the expanse of her head. It's fetching. Of course she pulls wispy tedrils out around her neck and face to soften it. She commonly will ask for prayer, very somberly, for renewal and deep peace.
I must stop. I'm so bad. I'm sure it all stems from an insecurity about my own wardrobe. Sometime I'm going to have to break down and realize that things worth buying probably aren't $9.99 or less.
Thursday, January 27, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
pictures! i need pictures! the mental images are funny, but i need pictures!! don't feel bad; just pretend you're an anthropologist who is documenting the manner mid-western women express themselves through fashion. anthropologists ALWAYS take photos. let's pretend i am the head anthropologist and you are my employee. as your boss, you have to take at least 5 photos to accompany your report of said subjects. this is important. the world needs to see, in photos, of the ponytail and tendrils. PLEASE!
Post a Comment