Wednesday, February 23, 2005

NIck Nick Nick

"No touch, Nick!" "Why are you crying?" "I'm getting your food as fast as I can!" "Be nice to Frances, don't pull out anymore clumps of hair!"
These are the exclamations that I used for the better part of the last 36 hours. I love my little Nick, but holy hell, this kid has got a chip on his shoulder about something. We made it home successfully sans a major tantrum on the plane and then I had to return to the airport an hour later to retrieve my suitcase. Last night was something out of a nightmare, surely nobody in history has ever cried so much. But we enjoyed greeting the sun, matt, katie, and ann (al too but I don't consider him as close to the gang), ate two breakfasts and begged James to get up at 6:30 so I could sleep. He got up at 8. Today consisted of Nick swinging violently from mania to writhing around on the floor inconsolable. He pooped 4 times, I pooped three which is highly unprescedented, and threw up twice. Frances has found a permanent retreat under a chair and Nick is now sleeping (in the closet which has a door). Please God in heaven, let Nick sleep until at least 7? 6 maybe? If he gets up before 7 we are going to go see Grammy at Curves.

1 comment:

EMILY said...

oh! godspeed, spawny. you are a better woman than i. as much as i love sweet nicholas, i would never embark on the path you have chosen. the crying! the pooping! the lack of appreciation for the epic briiliance of "the tony danza show"! i wouldn't know where to begin. good luck!