Monday, July 18, 2005

Help!

I've really enjoyed cutting my kids' hair the last couple of times and it's worked out amazingly well, I thought.

This time...Nick's hair...not so good.


Bad, huh? Posted by Picasa


It looks like he had several bad encounters with cigerette burns on his scalp or his mom used the wrong gaurd on the shaver thingy.

See, the thing that happened was this: I wanted to cut his hair before church yesterday so I dragged everything out on the deck (the bar stool, the clipper thingy, the spray bottle and two cookies to keep him occupied). I had to be fast because he won't sit still very long and we would be late for church. I had everything arranged and set the clipper thingy with the No. 2 gaurd on the the deck railing but when I picked up the clippers, the gaurd flicked off and fell down onto the patio one story down. I was in too much of a hurry to take Nick off the stool, run down downstairs, outside, back upstairs, load Nick back up (meanwhile he'd have already downed a cookie) and start again, so I thought, "Hmm, how different could the No. 1 gaurd be from the No. 2??"

Big mistake. Huge.

He now looks like a fresh Marine recruit or like he's suffereing from rickets. Not good, girls, not good. I tried to at least make it even, but I seriously considered not going to church because of extreme embarrassment. But, we went, because I had already shaved my legs, curled my hair and had a really cute skirt to wear.

1 comment:

hashifa vachoo said...

We call that the High and Tight