For the sake of a fresh post, I post the following as a mercy-post that will shed some light on my life as it unfolded over the last couple of days. Things I did this weekend: Jumped on the trampoline. Played countless games of Mother May I (any new and interesting advancement stunt suggestions would be appreciated). Played the Veggie Tales matching game on the jungle gym platform under a tent of beach towels (Kendall is amazingly good at this game). Set out on a walk that turned into a run because I discovered the magic of taking the iPod which made me impervious to the sound of my labored breathing and monotonous footfalls and therefore distracted me from how bored and whiney I usually get when I try to run. Read my entire Shape magazine in the sun all day. Watched a couple of good black and white movies on TCM. Showered, curled my hair and went out to an art gallery open house (boring stuff), a decent dinner (ahi tuna on a salad with wasabi dressing, mmmmm) with bad service, Walgreens to load up on candy for the show, to Liz's house to see her kitchen remodeling project, to the show with Liz and Dave (who spontaneously joined us) to see Mr. and Mrs. Smith (which I loved). Sunday, went to church but only to work in Nick's nursery class. Came home and watched an episode on DVD of Little House with the girls (Doctor's Lady when Doc Baker gets hot for Mrs. Olsen's neice. It's okay.) Made a double recipe of home-made baked beans for all the people coming to our 4th of July party. Fell asleep watching Tommy Boy on TBS while Scott took the girls to play miniature golf. Pushed Nick on the swings (and yes, that's plural because he was sure that each of the two swings had it's own individually independent ride to offer each of the five times he tried them). Transplanted seven stray cilantro plants into the proper, designated space for herbs (of course last year I couldn't grow cilantro to save my life and this year I have popping up all over the yard). Made some 4th of July invitation calls to a few friends and their families only to realize that a) we don't really have any friends and b) the ones that we called had plans with other friends or family and so, sadly, we had to cancel the party and make new plans for all those beans. Saw part of the movie Herbie before I had to take Nick out because he was poopy and kept yelling "CAR!" everytime Herbie was on the screen (p.s. I didn't have the diapers/wipes with me because we just piled in the convertible to run around the corner to the ol' Grand Haven 9 so I carefully peeled the smooshed poopy out of the diaper, dumped it in the toilet and lined the old diaper with some fresh toilet paper and reapplied newly transformed diaper to Nick's buns. Nice, huh?) Got sucked into some of Extreme Makeover Home Edition and characteristically shed tears. Played Hearts with Scott, but I don't think we were playing right and so we moved on to 21 where I discovered that I shamefully never really learned my addition facts to 20 like I should have and therefore became quickly weary of trying to add numbers to 21 AND try and figure out if I should stay or hit. I lost a lot. Do you know any good card games? Since nobody else (Micah!) is posting on their blogs I curiously clicked a few times on next blog only to realize that there are some really dirty blogs out there! Holy cow, clean it up people. Now I don't feel so bad for using a bad word every once in a while. At least we don't post nasty, porno pictures. Geez! Gross!
And now I will end this posting to go to bed and fall asleep to Scott's favorite weekend show (next to Cops); Max X where eXtremely stupid people do eXtremely stupid stunts. Don't even bother.
Sunday, July 03, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
that all sounds fun. i don't play cards well.
Post a Comment